“After more than a year working with Doug, I can’t give high enough praise for the immense assistance he has provided. We were dealing with an annoying and complicated copyright dispute with a malicious advocate. Doug was extremely helpful dealing with all of the tactical and strategic approaches to handle the situation (successfully, I might add), and kept me calm, focused, and limited my distraction so I could run my business. He’s also been invaluable in creating legal tools for my company to avoid and protect us going forward. Doug has always been proactive and creative in his legal solutions, allowing me to feel confident while I focus on my own work.” Brian Haven, CEO, Grand View Research
“Doug is a smart, creative lawyer who understands how business gets done. He consistently helps us look for solutions to maximize upside without unnecessary risks. He delivers great results on bet-the-brand cases, and has defused countless disputes before they became expensive distractions. Make sure you have him in your corner.” Kelly Wulff, former VP Legal, Zenefits
“I don’t usually say this about lawyers, but Doug is an asset to our business. He gets what we do and helps shape our operations to capture opportunities without undermining compliance. When disputes arise, Doug efficiently and expertly protects us and our hard work.” David Hua, CEO, Meadow
- Eventbrite v. MF Live, et al. (N.D. Cal.) – representing Eventbrite in multi-million dollar actions against promoters of the Roxodus Music Festival, a Canadian version of the infamous Fyre Fest.
- Playstudios v. Centerboard Advisors, et al. (D. Nev.) – representing defendants/counterclaimants in fraud and contract action arising out of a failed business relationship.
- GPI360 v. Vigilant Solutions (L.A. Superior) – obtained dismissal with prejudice of GPI’s claims and secured a perpetual, worldwide ban against GPI’s use of Vigilant intellectual property, backed up by a $500,000 consent judgment against GPI and related entities.
- Heredia v. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (N.D. Cal.) – secured a complete defense judgment on multi-million dollar claims for fraud, conversion, and breach of contract.
- Ryan Brewer v. Veritas Investments, Inc. (S.F. Superior) – on behalf of an individual and his new venture, prevailed in trade secrets declaratory judgment action against client’s prior employer.
- Zendesk v. Zenefits (T.T.A.B.) – defeated effort by Zendesk to permanently block US PTO application to register “Zenefits” as a federal trademark.
- Perfect 10 v. Yandex (N.D. Cal.) – successfully defended search engine against claims of tens of thousands of instances of direct and secondary copyright infringement. Nearly all of plaintiff’s claims were rejected on summary judgment, and case settled shortly thereafter on favorable terms.
- San Fernando Hospital v. Intuitive Surgical, Inc.; Gardens Reg’l Med. Ctr. v. Intuitive Surgical, Inc. (L.A. Superior) – defeated related multi-million dollar actions alleging fraud and breach of contract.
- United States v. Johnson & Johnson, et al. (N.D. Cal.) – defended J&J and an operating subsidiary against billion-dollar claims of off-label pharmaceutical promotion. Case resolved for a fraction of government’s demand.